Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Morris,

Could you tell us which of the Weavers' sent this package to you?
    Rob Koss

Morris and Jeffrey...... I ordered 6 queens from RWeaver last year and every hive became so aggressive that I could not even re-queen and had to destroy. The lady I spoke to at RWeaver was very rude and short and offered no help with the problem. This year I ordered from BeeWeaver and they have been a delight to work with and the bees (so far) are wonderful.

Hope this helps.....Jennifer

I love my NWC from Strachan. Very nice to work with.

My bees from Rossman Apiaries are very tolerant off my inexperience [img]smile.gif[/img] Also, it is the only place where my Grandfather would buy his bees.

I can't speak for the Rossman queens (never tried them) , but their hiveware is pretty good and they are pleasant to do business with.

Thanks for the info, Jennifer, that is good to know.
    NWC sound nice but have heard they are more of a northern bee and do not know how they would do here in Central Texas.
    "I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. " John 10:11

Everyone seems to be talking gentleness from new queens and packages. Very important indeed. An observation on my splits with new queens and packages I installed this year: small cell wax production.

I installed all by queen cages on empty frames, no foundation or starter strips. When I went to remove the cages, the new packages were all producing small cell (with the exception of one which was producing drone cell and was queenless for some reason). I did't notice what was produced for the splits with new queens being the first inspected.

At any rate, I buy Italians from John Foster of BZ-BEE in CA. (BZ-BEE.COM)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12