Is there anyone using the Beecool hive ventilators ?.If so,what has been your experience?.Do you feel that they work ?. Three years ago I purchased two, one solor and one 115V.I am using them on double brood chamber hives in SC where it get's hot and humid. I find that in the early mornings of hot summer days when bees are all outside hanging out under the BB screens, beards hanging from the landing boards, etc on the hives without the Bcool ventilator , the Bcool girls are mostely inside. I believe that the honey dries sooner in the Bcool hives and if left on in the winter there is little or condensation .
    The only problen I have experinced is with replacement parts. I had one system to shut down , I thought it was the fan, I contacted the Beecool Co.and was given a name and number to order a replacement fan, cost was quoted at $16.95 + SH total around $24.00. I decided to do further troubleshooting, found the problem to actually be the thermostat, I tied to contact the Co , no response so I am down to one ventilator.
    I would like input from other users.
    Thank's
    Les in SC

I have never used one, read the ad one time, just wasn't convinced to purchase one. I notice they give a toll free number on their website to order a complete unit.

Have you tried that number. I will post the link below.
    http://www.beecool.com/order.htm

Sorry if that information doesn't help.

Thesurveyor

Thank you Surveyor: Yes I have tried their 1-800 and their e-mail. No problem purchasing a complete unit, but I have had no success in obtaining replacement parts.
    Les in SC

The WWW.BEEWORKS.COM DE conversion kit for a Lanstroth accomplished wonderful ventilation without any need for electricity etc. I love them and have built my own version besides buying quite a few of them.

No moving parts, nothing to break down. Convection is a wonderful thing.

Michael -

Can you tell me more about the DE Hive and how it works? Thanks - Martin

http://www.beeworks.com/ModKit.htm has pictures and descriptions.

Just to prevent confusion,there is a DE Hive. It has the same venilation system, it's non standard size and has more advantages, which I've discussed elsewhere on this board.

There is a "Mod Kit" which adds some of the same features to a standard Lanstroth hive.

Also the venilation has been discussed elswhere on this board. The discussions has "DE HIVE" in the subject.

The "Mod Kit" consists of a hive stand, a bottom board, a ventilation box, an inner cover and a lid.

The hive stand and bottom board run with the entrance the long way to provide a larger entrance for more venitlation and so you can stand behind the hive instead of beside it when working it.

The Inner cover has a top entrance that can be opened and closed and screened vents.

The ventilation box has vents that can be exposed when the box is in one position or covered by the lid when it is flipped over. So you can have more ventilation in the summer and less in the winter.

The lid is telescopic and has some more vents.

The ventilation is accomplished by convection. Hot moist air rises and goes out the top.

I have several of these and they work well. I you like building your own equipment, you could buy one and use it as a pattern.