that it the ideal inside dimentions for a queen cell cup making my own out of wax that size should it be thank
    eaglesbee

Some make them out of 3/8 wooden dowel's.the last 3/4" of the dowel sanded (tapered )to the end to about a 1/4".

I dipped my own for years from 3/8 dowels sanded down to what looked approximately like a cell cup to me.They dont need to be exact .The bees will make any changes they think are needed if they arent too far off.I had 12 of them glued into a bar so I could dip that many at one time .Didnt take long to get a few hundred made,but now I just use JZ BZ plastic cups.

According to Jay Smith in Queen Rearing Simplified, 5/16". He probably raised as many queens as anyone and he claimed better acceptance with 5/16" than any other size.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Hi Guys,

Steve Taber had some glass cups blown with very accurate dimensions to find the right size. He varied both the diameter and the length.

At 9mm by 9mm he had 100 percent acceptance. Any variations off of that decreased the rate of acceptance.

Regards
    Dennis