My two colonies are registered with the Ohio Dept. of Agriculture. The registration fee was $ 5.00 . For that I get an inspection by the County Bee inspector . There is hardly a better deal to be found anywhere. Since I'm a beginner, the inspector took his time and explained to me everything he was doing and what he was looking for in a bee hive.
    Where else can you get training by an expert for $ 2.50 an hour?

I wish all my dealings with government agents could be like that.

There were some mites in the hives, so I'm treating for that now.

Since they eliminated the position of State Bee Inspector here in Nebraska and only inspect if request it and need the certification for selling bees and you pay them, my inspection cost $200 and I wasn't even there for it.

$5 is a real bargin.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

MB, $200.00 for how many hives?

I had about 10 inspected last year here in NC and was installing Apistan at the same time. I ran out of Apistan with 3 or 4 to go. The inspector got strips from his truck to finish the last hives. TOTAL COST---$0.00
    I LIKE IT!!!

Just yesterday my Pennsylvania State Bee inspector checked my seven hive in the back yard and looked over the observation hive also. No disease and had a count of three viroa with powder sugar roll. Glad to see the inspector and appreciated the free advice.
    "Younz" have a great day, I will.