Exclamation

On another bee email loop I am on -

someone got a call from a big commerical outfit that was having huge losses. She wondered if this was just this one guy or is this happening all over?

So ye in the SE - what do ye say?

Martha in KC

PS I am assuming it is mites causing the losses.
    Martha

Marth, I can't speak for all of the SE, but here in the N Georgia mountains, while there are some losses, they art not above the expected.

BubbaBob

there has been whole semi truck loads crashed in California

In Central MS all I can say is all my hives are FULL... wall to wall in 2 deeps.... feeding now, and expect I can make early splits easy....
    Haven't heard of anyone around me with much of any losses unless they went into winter light...
    FWIW
    SippyBee

Martha
    See my post in "out of packages topic" in this section. Loses since Xmas run from 25-75%. Some havent lost many but most have had losses. In the good news things seem to be turninga round....willow is blooming and bees are starting to brood up better.....just later than normal alot due to no maple bloom. Rick

I guess you can say that it has been a good winter so far in Northern Ga. it really had not been so cold and the clusters have been really loose in my hives. I believe it will not be long till the next generation of workers start up, many of mine are starting to feed once again on sugar water and may be drawing up comb......