Most of my days seem filled with work from day light till dark, but today I got a real treat.

I took a road trip up to Randalman, NC to meet Iddee, one heck of a nice guy in person and a quality beekeeper. Its always nice to get away from work a while but even better when you can meet people of such high caliber and spend a little time chattering about bees.

Thank you very much for the gift Iddee and even more for showing me around your bee yard.

Nice. I've met one beesource user in person (Hi Mo!) and I look forward to meeting more in the future.
    Dulcius ex asperis

Iddee would be a good one for you to meet but the drive would be killer ..... lol

CFF,

I drove over and met Iddee yesterday.
    indeed, a fine fellow.

Iddee, thanks for taking the time to show a rookie around your beeyard.
    I really enjoyed it and the experience of chatting with someone who's kept bee's a long time is very helpful

oh yea, thanks for the gift [img]smile.gif[/img]

Dave

Nice. I've met one beesource user in person (Hi Mo!) and I look forward to meeting more in the future.
    I always wonder how many beeks have met others from this board. I've met three...
    One I met but didn't make the connection at the time, another I haven't seen for 30 years or so, and one stopped over at my casa on a road trip.
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

I'm going by to visit Bjorn on Wednesday. Looking forward to talking about bees, even if the weather is a bit to chilly to actually see them.

I have met 4 Bjorn beeing one, you will enjoy the vesit!!
    Talked to a couple more on the phone and hope to meet them oneday!
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

[I took a road trip up to Randalman, NC to meet Iddee, one heck of a nice guy in person and a quality beekeeper}

I met him this year too and his good friend Wayne. Good people! Had some pretty good venison Jerky for the trip home thanks to him.

[I have met 4 Bjorn beeing one}

You guys aren't too far from me. I'd be careful though, I've heard the liberal beekeepers who visit Bjorn practice much more conservative bee management after their visits!

I've met 3.

1. Honeyman46408
    2. NW Indiana Beekeper
    3. Suttonbeeman

All great guys. Hope to meet more at the ABF convention in January. I'll be there Fri and Sat attending the sideliner symposium. Look me up if you're there.
    Dan Williamson
    B&C Honey Farm http://www.flickr.com/photos/9848229@N05/

Watch it there, guys, you'll cause me to get the bighead.

Hey, I ain't nothing special. Just an old man that has messed with animals all my life and enjoy getting out of the house or office and playing with nature.

Be it bees, snakes, fish, dogs, horses, or whatever.

You're welcome on the gifts, too. I'm just surprised Joel's son let him have any of the jerky. I think the young man sorta took a likin' to it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Yes, I've met a few of the guys here, from Joel in NY, to James Henderson in Baton Rouge. Ain't met a bad one yet. Of course, over the last 30 years, I've met a lot of beeks and nearly all were good folks.

Randleman is right smack dab in the middle of NC, so anybody traveling on the route from Maine to Fla,. stop in and chat a while. The door's always open.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Bighead or not your a quality guy with a wealth of beekeeping information. Glad to have met ya and I'm looking forward to seeing you again somtime.

PS.

Please keep them snakes locked up and away from folks ......uh .....well.....like me.......smile

Just got back from chey Bjorn and had some enthusiastic conversation on bees that really got the old puzzler working. I also left with a facinating contraption for hivetop pollen collection. Hopefully I can get some pictures of it posted next week. Thanks Bjorn!

BTW That's a fine looking brood you guys have there.

Aspera, Thank you for making the trip. Hope to catch up with you down the road. Had a great time.

My wife actually thought you were there since 12 noon when she came home. Guess she knows beekeepers can sometimes get carried away.