Jason G in Tennessee Guest

If I were to have some very sturdy 3 or 5 frame holders built as good or better than the ones they sell in the bee catalogs for 18-22 dollars each for $12-15 each would anybody be interested?
    Jason

>If I were to have some very sturdy 3 or 5 frame holders built as good or better than the ones they sell in the bee catalogs for 18-22 dollars each for $12-15 each would anybody be interested?
    Jason

What is a "frame holder?". I would have guessed frame grip, but you are talking about 3 or 5 frames? A frame perch maybe? I guess that's only guess I have. A frame perch? What do they look like? I do like them and use them sometimes, but admit, I seldom bother with them.

Michael they are aka a frame perch. Very handy for hive inspections.

I was thinking about getting the local welding shop to make them for me and since I would be able to get a deal thought I might ask everyone else if they were interested in getting in on the deal.

I asked him if he could make several and he said that he would be willing to make as many as I wanted.

They fit on the side of the hive with two strong brackets much like the brackets that the ironing boards that fit on doors have on top of the door.
    They hang on the side of the hive with two long bars on each end to hold the 3-5 frames.

I am interested in starting up a co-op for beekeepers for buying and selling at better prices than found in the catalogs.
    Does anyone have any experience in this?
    Jason

If anyone is interested, you can find a picture of a frame holder in the 2004 Dadant catalog, p19 ($20.55) OR Kelley,s cat, p15 ($18.50).

Last summer I made mine using two straps of 1/8 x 1/2 aluminum bar stock, and a 3/4 tk x 2" w x 19" wood (maple) board.

I may hve used it a couple of times, I didnt find it very useful. About mid-summer, I incorporated it into the side of my "bee" tool box, now I always have it with me, but still dont use it much. Its too easy, just to lean the frames against hivestand.

Now . . . a hivestand w/ a pull-out frame holder . . . thats an idea!

------------------
    Dave W . . .

A NewBEE with 1 hive.
    First package installed
    April, 2003.

Jason, I would. Was fixing to order one at least.

Great.
    Please email me at jason.groppel@cmcss.net
    to let me know your contact info such as email and address for delivery.

I want to get the frame holders finished by the end of March so we can have them before the season really gets started.

We are also trying to get a bulk order on hive bodies/ entire hives from Browning cut stock if you are interested. With a bulk order we could get an excellent deal for all interested. I was planning on ordering 10 complete hives with two supers and two brood chambers and it was going to cost $42. Browning cut stock advertises in the American Bee Journal.
    thanks,
    Jason

Wink

Dave W, now that is a great idea!
    A hive stand or hive with a built in fold-down frame holder!!
    Hmmmm...something to ponder.
    Jason