Checking hives today I found 4 or five lavalooking things on the ground in front of the hives. On of them looked like a half developed bee and the others like a white fat lava. what the heck? other than that the bees are bringing in Polland from somewhere like crazy.

Those grubs aren't necessarily anything to do with the hive at all. I am not saying its related, but they just might be some subterraenian beetle larvae. We have tons of white larvae here in florida. They turn into stag beetles and june beetles in the summer time. Ours can get really big, the stag beetle larvae reaching up to 2 inches in length, and being as fat as one's thumb.

TThey can eat roots though.

>On of them looked like a half developed bee and the others like a white fat lava. what the heck?

The bees hygenic behaviour is shown by removing what they consider to be defective larva from the hive. You may have had a cold spell and lost some larva by chilling. Or they sensed mites on those larva and cleaned them out.

It's not necessarily a bad sign to see a few cleaned out by the bees.

Nevermind me. I just reread what I posted, and I am sure you know the difference between bee larvae and other grubs.

I had just woken up when I posted that, I worked until 2am last night.

Oh well.