I have a hive with only two broo frames, each frame with very little scattered brood.

Is killing the queen will make the bees raise a new queen? Or, I have to take one brood frame into a nuc hive with some bees?

Anyone can advise?

Thanks.

Saeed

Big Grin

I think you can let them raise a new queen if there are eggs that the old queen as laid (3 days or so ) old....

kill the old queen and they will raise/convert the yound larvae into a new queen in an emergency.

if you have other hives you could kill the queen in this little hive and combine them with another stronger hive.

bees are great aren't they?!

You will force the bees to raise a new queen, if you kill this one and they have brood. Will there be any drones for he to mate with though? I know nothing of your climate, but where I am it would be far too early. My advice would be to combine these bees if you have another hive, and then split later. You already have the comb, so you will be able to give the bees a good start.

------------------
    Regards,

Robert Brenchley

RSBrenchley@aol.com
    Birmingham UK

Cool

Thanks for your replies, infact I also wonder how will the new queen be mated. I cold not see any drones in the existing colony.

The weather here is warm these days with temperatures in the high 80's.

Saeed