Jonquière, Quebec (ABOVE 48th parallel North!!)

Big Grin

Greetings

I was looking at the Build it...plans section of beesource.com and was interested by this one: the frame assembly jig. I just have some difficulty vizualising it since I never saw any. The drawings are just drawings, I would understand better if I could see a picture of it.

Does anyone knows of were I could find any ?

Thanks

Hugo
    Quebec, Canada

I have one. I think I can help some by just describing it but you really have to see one in use to get the concept. Even a picture won't really help.

The actual box has the small boards on the bottom half of the ends connecting the two sides. This peice is nailed on. The other boards you see on each of the ends is held on by screen door springs.

The two boards on the inside of the ends are just loose. They are loose so that after you are done you can remove the frames. The frame ends are clamped (by the screen door springs and boards) that pull the upper outside ends against the loose boards. The top and botoms bars are nailed on and all ten frames come out together.

It doesn't show very well how it works, but here is a picture of it. http://go.netgrab.com/secure/kelleys...sp?product=160

I HIGHLY reccomend it to anyone who has more than a hundred frames to put together.

I bought mine. I think I could build one now, but, like you, it was hard to grasp the priciple of how it worked well enough to build one.

Jonquière, Quebec (ABOVE 48th parallel North!!)
    Thank you for the info michael, I will try to buid one myself over the week-end, because I have about 100 frames to put together (you know what it is when you begin in beekeeping with nothing, you have to buy and build everything, hoping that the honey you'll produce will help covering a part of the costs) before july.

Hugo
    Quebec, Canada

Maybe the July after next.