I hate my self for this, but i realy need help.
    My fater is a bee keeper, we live in hungary.
    Well, we have a few problems, i wouldn't like to anoy anyone, i em not good in english, but if anyone feels to help us out I would be werry happy.
    So, the firs question is that how can people take care of 100 hives? We have only 10 hives, and already haveing problem with swarming.
    What can be done against swarning?
    Could someone check the hives Dad constructed?
    If someone would check, then leave here an email address, i try to send some photos , and discribe the dimensions of the hive. Anyway the hives should be good, Dad bulith them from a book, but i would feal safer if someone talented check it out.

And wee had 40 hives last year, before winter all of them lookt strong, behaived normal, was great, really. But ALL of them died. Wee don't know why.
    No pests have been found, they had food, they didn't freez, the hives have been coverd reeeealy good. Any ideas how could that bee?

I look at this forum with deep trust, and I hope I didn't make a monkey out of my self, and someone helps usk out.
    Sorry for the errors in the message, I em not good in english...

Your english is fine. Meanwile tecumseh works overtime in trying to butcher the english language with very spotty results. As to your problem. First a number of questions would need to be asked to ascertain the condition of your bees. How old were the queens? How much stores did you leave on the hive? How many supper do you place on the bees in early spring (to prevent swarming)? Do you feed bees in the fall and winter? tecumseh first thoughts: poorly constructed equipment will rarely cause survival problems in bees. Afterall, they have been know to live for years in everything from an old oil barrel to a small defect in a tree. Swarming suggest either not enough room to being overfed (both of these are early sping concerns). Likewise high winter mortality (what is the duration and intensity of your winter period?) would suggest insufficient store left in the hives. If you have limited experience with quessing how much store have been left with the bees some form of scale might be beneficial. A person with lot of bee experience simple squats and hefts the hive to estimate gross weight. Hope this helps....

The dimensions of the hive have the most to do with the bees building comb in wrong places and glueing things up, not swarming. Unless it's an issue of how many boxes you have. Bees need space to build comb and make honey. They also need space in the brood chamber to raise brood. Try to have some open frames in the brood chamber and some empty boxes on top for the queen to lay in.

Sometimes they swarm no matter what you do, but these things often head it off.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF