Hi all,

Looking for detailed website that shows manufacturing of frames using dado on table saw. Thanks.

Clay

Howdy --

I do not know about a description of this,but I do it. Plane 2" x 4", 6", 8"
    to 1 3/8" and dado groove in each end
    3/8" x 3/4", then make top bard to fit this, and also the bottom bar.

Be very careful! Grooving in this way
    causes danger of kick-back.

Pete

Clayton : I use a Radial Arm with 10 inch blade and make my frames. Usually try to find a good knot free 2x4 and cut off the various lengths for the ends of the frames. Set up the blade to make the tapered side cuts, then cut it to thickness of frame ends. Make a pattern for the top and bottom cuts and then cut each one of a small jig saw. Top bars can be cut out of a 1 x what ever width you have on hand, then set up my saw to make each cut and run like production line. Still slow but since I am retired all I have is time. Roy

Hello Clayton;
    I use a dado on my table saw to make my end pieces. I use a 2x8 and cut the large knots and knots that would be close to my dado(the nails split the knots the are too close). I put 3/4" by 3/8" dado in each end after they are cut to length , then
    run them thru to cut to 3/8" thickness. A word of caution be care that your dados fit well into the top bar if the slot in the top bar is too tight they will slpit when you nail them. Also I only use 9 frames in my honey supers so why plane them to 1 3/8" thick ?
    Almost forgot...I dont put the taper on the lower end of the end piece either...Hope this helps...Rick

[This message has been edited by RAlex (edited January 09, 2002).]