I am a photographer specializing in food and all things related to food. I’m interested in shooting a personal project based on honey. I live in Los Angeles but would be willing to travel to some extent if it seems the project might merit the trip.

If any beekeepers would be kind enough to help me with this project by allowing me to visit and photograph I would be happy to grant license to the images so that they could be used for promotional purposes and/or a website.

I would mainly like to shoot a piece of honeycomb in its natural state. I may also be interested in taking photos of-

The landscape where the bees are kept
    A beehive
    A portrait of the keeper/s
    A queen bee
    A specialty honey dish

I would also be happy to shoot a few items produced by the keeper such as jars of honey, bottles of mead or beauty items if shots like this are needed.

If this sounds like something you would like to do, please visit my website to see some of my work.
    Last edited by Barry; 09-17-2013 at 05:31 AM.

The biggest problem I see with what you are after is the time of year. All central and northern beekeepers have their hives set for winter. No activity going on now. The far southern areas are going to be your only hope at this time.

Regards,
    Barry

Thank you, Barry. But I'm not in any hurry. If this gets shot in the spring or summer, it's ok.

...but I would rather do it sooner then later.

Round Top, New York - Northern Catskill Mtns.

If you ever get to Upstate New York, your welcome to take pictures of any of the yards I have.
    Some pictures I have taken are here: www.mountaincampfarm.com

Big Grin

My bees in Alaska are really photogenic

Rachie, I might be able to help you out.
    I am located in North Hills, CA 91343.
    Bee yard is in Simi Valley, CA 93064.
    I will E-Mail you.
    Walt

MC~ I do make it to NY every two or three months, so upstate is a real option. Thank you for posting the links to the photos. They are gorgeous! And the people, landscape and bees are just the sort of thing I have in mind. If something doesn't work out before the spring, I'll be in touch with you.

DA~ Alaska might be a far for this project. ) : Thank you. I have always wanted to go there. If your bees are looking to get into modeling, send some headshots and I'll take them to the agencies. ( ;