Anybody have experience or thoughts on cloth type inner covers? It seems like they may be nice to keep frames from sticking to lids, exspecially in multiple chambered mating nucs.
    JBJ
    John B Jacob www.oldsolbees.com

JBJ,
    When I took a queen rearing course, we used a deep brood box divided into 3 separate compartments with multiple cloth type inner covers.

Terry

We use canvas as an inner cover on all our mini mating nucs..... you can dump in bees and flip the cover shut.... or feed and only need to raise a corner to put feed in.... then have a wooden top on top of the canvas.....
    SippyBees

I also use them on my two by four (one 10 frame box divided into four two frame nucs). The point is to prevent a boil over from one nuc to another when working one of them. There is a sepearte one for each compartment. I have not used them on a full sized hive. I'm guessing they should work to keep down condensation etc. The bees will glue it down to the top bars. Mine are made from heavy canvas.

The reason an inner cover is sometimes called a "quilt" board is because they used to be common.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I normally use what I call inspection boards on my 4-way mating nucs when I work them, one board covers two chambers and the other covers 1, the only problem is when you initially pop the lid there is a few seconds the bees can mix befor the boards go on, exspecially when the top bars have been really stuck to the lids and occasionally come up.
    JBJ
    John B Jacob www.oldsolbees.com