Big Grin

I have been a beekeeper since 1986, had up to 50 hives but now only 2. its hard to get help to move hives and spin honey, I have been trying to get out of the bee business for the last 5 years but just can`t give it up. I love the Bees working the bees helps me cope with this world they make me feel good when I work the hives. anybody else feel that way? thank you for a place to talk about Bees [img]smile.gif[/img] . Frank

Frank, I retired 17 years ago and had bees 16 years before that. My bees saved my sanity as they were my release of tension that built up during the week. I was a Trafic engineer for General Telephone and the work was driving me nuts. I am going a little slower these days and I still enjoy my bees. Times were much better before the MITES. Looking forward to an exelent crop this spring and summer due to the unbelivable amount of rain we have had, over 32 in. Last year it was around 4 in.
    Walt

Walt:

I was born and grew up in Riverside. I am now 70 yrs and I remember very good years after the rains. I enjoy working in the bees and I have been around them since I was 1 when I got stung for the first time. Now the mites are stinging the beekeeper. It is pretty tough times.

Walt:

I was born and grew up in Riverside. I am now 70 yrs and I remember very good years after the rains. I enjoy working in the bees and I have been around them since I was 1 when I got stung for the first time. Now the mites are stinging the beekeeper. It is pretty tough times.

Hey guys. I'm 18 in central Illinois, no beekeepers before in my family, and I started two years ago when I was still in high school and my family moved. I really think it saved my sanity. My depression was pretty serious, and I turned to the bees. I'm an eagle scout and I figured the extra contact with nature would be comforting to me. The girls didn't let me down. Graduated high school with a 3.9 and I'm now in my junior year at college (managed to skip a few) and soon to be going to med school. I have a 4.0 as of right now. Believe it or not, I really attribute most of this to my keeping bees. I've never even sold anything or seen any monetary return, but there's not a price that can be put on what I told you above. My girls saved my future.
    Central IL... where there are more hogs than people and more soybeans than hogs and people put together.