After getting off of night shift this morning I had gotten up about ½ hour early to do a split on a couple of hives when I had a lady call me in a panic about a large swarm hanging in a bush by her driveway. She runs a hair salon and was frantic about her costumers. I told her not to worry they are docile in a swarm and I would be right over. I shook them into a five gallon bucket that I have a screen installed into the lid. The swarm filled the bucket 3/4 full and are now happily installed into a full deep in the back yard. She has a feral hive in a large Oak tree in her front yard and she told me it has been active for several years. They are a wonderful looking survivor colonies, and best of all I didn’t have to hang on a 20 foot ladder with a swarm catching bucket on the end of a pole. It’s the first time the bees have given me a break in a long time. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    The Busy Bee teaches two lessons: One is not to be idle and the other is not to get stung.

Maybe you'll get a new one there every year. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

The easy ones are sometimes hard to come by. Hope you have good luck with them and maybe another easy one next year.

Thanks but I’m hopping that I can get a few more easy ones this year. I’m getting to old to be climbing trees.
    The Busy Bee teaches two lessons: One is not to be idle and the other is not to get stung.