Thread: syrup feeding

I've been feeding syrup since I hived my package just over two weeks ago. I inspected the hive last Sunday and everything was great. Lots of eggs, larve, pollen, and syrup in the comb they were building. Today I went it, everything looks great, but one of the frames looks like it has syrup in all of the comb. Is this normal. I also saw the queen today and she looked great.
    With Loving Kindness toward all Sentient Beings

If you feed it, they will store the exess of it. It will be used up as the colony expands.

Glad to hear your hives look good
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

ok I hived mine packages 7 days ago,also they are storing syrup in the comb,but I did not find any eggs nor larva,just pollen ,sugar syrup.found the queen in one but unable to locate the other three.I had one hive that have built comb from the top bar but is hanging loose in front of the frame,was tempted to cut it off but figured they would take care of it on their own in time.
    should i be worried about no eggs or is it just too soon for her to start in an undrawn hive?
    If you build it they will comb it.<br />Tim Rolan

If you saw the queen, you should be seeing eggs at this point. Look very carefully. They tiny, And if you don't have black foundation, they are very hard to see. I bet she has started to lay.
    With Loving Kindness toward all Sentient Beings

have white plastic frames,looked but didn't see any.nothing was capped,just the center of the frames drawn out though,alot of sugar syrup,some pollen.I thought I'd see at least half frame of larva but no.
    If you build it they will comb it.<br />Tim Rolan