Opinions: I just pulled frames that they took their sweet time in capping. There were ZERO frames with honey in them 90 days ago, yesterday I pull one, capped and the color is light, I'm all excited. Granulated, completely, both sides.

Now what?

I dunno, uncap and save for feed?

well I guess the bigger question is why did it granulate so fast? I did a search on granulated honey in frames prior to posting and came up with about 4 vague posts. Anyone else run into this?

Cotton honey perhaps?

Sooner or later it all granulates (except maybe tupelo) but some granulates quicker than others.

I would guess it is due to the source.

Of course the Europeans eat nothing BUT granulated honey.

Have you been feeding sugar water(granulated)? I've seen it do that when they have been feed alot.

That's great Mike; what are shipping costs for a pound to Europe I wonder?

No, I haven't been feeding them anything, no cotton in the area and I know sooner or later it all granulates, I just hadn't considered that it would in the hive, in the middle of the summer.

one of my 6 frames that i extracted had a spot in the middle that was granulated and didnt realize until it was uncapped, although i had suspicions since it was a darker color then the rest of it. so i radial extracted like normal and most of it came out althought now the extracted honey has granuals in it
    i ran out of frames for the fall flow so i had to give the frames back to them - im hoping they will re-liquify the left over granuals instead of just poking them back in the cells

>im hoping they will re-liquify the left over granuals instead of just poking them back in the cells

They may do either depending on how busy they are.

I guess push come to shove, I could just put it back in the hive for them to use as winter supply?

How about rape (canola) in the area? I read that that stuff sets up fast and hard as a rock.

Cool

I visited a German beekeeper about 2 weeks ago. He's in an area where a lot of "raps" (rapeseed - canola) is grown. During the flow he has to extract every day, asap after a frame is capped - otherwise it sets up and cannot be extracted. He goes through the hives and pulls out any capped frames, extracts these and puts them back into the hive. The honey is sugary white and solid.