Today I noticed that it was very difficult to get my frames out. The bees are building comb underneath the frames between the boxes. Are you suppose to remove it, or just hope for the best and pry it apart when you need to?? I'm using the 8-frame English Garden Hive. You'd think they would have enough room to build on the frames. Everything else looked great!! I mean really great, it was so clean.

My question is...after they build up the brood boxes and cap the honey..where do they stay in the winter? How do the bees actually form in the brood box in wintertime? Does anyone have a picture of this or a description would be okay too.?
    ~What do you know there's so much to be done
    Count all the bees in the hive, Chase all the clouds from the sky~

I tend to leave it between the boxes to make ladders between the boxes. I tend to scrape it off on the tops of the bars. You can do whatever you like. The bees will rebuild it anyway.

>My question is...after they build up the brood boxes and cap the honey..where do they stay in the winter?

They stay where ever they find stores to cluster in. The cluster moves around in the hive during the winter to find more stores. Sometimes they get stuck up in some far corner with lots of honey in the opposite corner and starve if it stays cold too long (usually -10 for two weeks or so). An unlikely thing in NC. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF