I have only 3-hives. The hives are in 2-1/2 story configuration, on SBRacks, 12-inches off the ground. The 1/2 story is a fully drawn 10-frame medium on the bottom, the 2-uppers, are 10-frame deeps. The hives all have reduced down bottom entrances. I have one hive that does not have a lot of flying activity. I only see maybe 1-bee flying out, a few bees flying under, and around the hive body. I opened it up when the temps were 68-degrees. The top hive had 1-frame with a 3-inch diameter area of capped honey, and had maybe 15-bees covering it. The remaining frames had just a few cells with pollen. Those cells were only half full. The deep, under the top deep, had bees clustered on 4, or 5-frames. The other frames were empty of bees. The bottom medium had a few bees on some frames. I requeened the hive in late fall. In an earlier post I was told to leave the bees at they are, since the bees know where everything is. I'm just worried about them, and need some assurance.
    jrhelliott@gmail.com

What are you worried about? Stores? Size of the cluster? What race are they? Italians? Carniolians? Did you heft the hive? Is it heavy or light? Is it the arrangment of stores that worries you?
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I'm just worried that I have to much space for so few bees to keep warm with the temps going down into the teens. The bees don't have a lot of stores, but they are not taking sugar syrup, so that's a good sign. The bees are itallians, The cluser size is 4-frames, of a 10-frame deep. I'll stop worring, and keep reading beesource, and the magazines. Thanks
    jrhelliott@gmail.com

>I'm just worried that I have to much space for so few bees to keep warm with the temps going down into the teens.

I'd remove any empty frames and try to distill it down to less boxes if you can without shorting them on stores. Empty frames aren't going to help them. Then put back whatever empties it takes to fill out whatever boxes are left. But then I don't know the temps there. It's too cold for that here, right now.

>The bees don't have a lot of stores, but they are not taking sugar syrup, so that's a good sign.

If it's cold they won't take syrup. That's just normal. Not a good sign or a bad sign. If the hive is heavy (hard to lift from the back) that's a good sign. If the hive is light (easy to lift from the back) that's a bad sign.

>The bees are itallians, The cluser size is 4-frames, of a 10-frame deep.

That's a bit small for Italians, but they might do fine. Especially in Tx.

>I'll stop worring, and keep reading beesource, and the magazines.

I wasn't trying to tell you, you should or shouldn't worry. Just trying to understand what you're worried about.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF