Ck'd my hives today and saw bees carrying plenty of pollen. What are they collecting here in E. TN ?

The first things I've had blooming in this warm winter in Oregon, were daffodils, if you have daffodils around, that might be what the bees are after. Otherwise, I have no idea.

Eman: i'm just s. of you, if it's red pollen , it's red maple.some pine's.maybe.I've seen a little locust s. of me.

Mine were carrying in loads of light creamy yellow pollen about three weeks ago, and I have decided it must have been elm (American elm). We have a creek, and there are numerous elms along it. I noticed bees in the tree tops, and I couldn't find anything else that it could have been. The daffodils were in bloom, but their pollen is a darker yellow color.

It was definetly a light creamy yellow. I am right next to a river.

It could also be willow. I understand that maple and willow are some of the first to bloom in our area which is not that far from you.Later on when you see the red pollen, you will know the henbit is blooming.
    Denise

We have willows blooming big time here, to bad it's not warm enough to fly today 38F

------------------
    Chuck

i've seen desperate bees hitting on dead flowers from last year,i guess there is still a little pollen stuck in them.witchhazel blooms in the winter but i don't know if bees use it.