I am so proud that I am going to finally repay my teacher in some small way. The 75-year-old gentleman who taught me everything I know about beekeeping when I started last March ran into some problems with Hurricane Isabel when most of his hives floated down the river! Too, his hives in the strawberry fields did not winter so well and he had a lot of critters disrupting the hives, so he's in need of some bees. I was more fortunate in that only the bottom 3" of my hives got flooded and my girls recovered completely and them some. One hive swarmed and I was able to capture and hive them so now I've got four hives (two more than I really want--two is plenty to pollinate my veggie garden). Another hive is full to the brim and really needs splitting or I believe it will swarm, but I really don't want five hives. So this Saturday, he and I are going to split that hive and he'll take at least one hive away with him. I feel so good about being able to reciprocate his kindness. Just had to brag.

Wink

Brag, no way. Just a good story about a fellow beekeeper helping another and saying thank you.

And about being an attentive student and a good learner. I hope he's proud of you.

I have some reciprecating to do too.

"Thanks MB" for all your input and every thing you do here to help us beekeepers.

You have my unending appreciation.....

>Thanks MB" for all your input and every thing you do here to help us beekeepers

Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure there are some who think I'm just full of it but it's nice to know someone appreciates me.

Wink

I appreciate you just being full of it. How's that. Covered both items together.

That works.

>That works.

That may have been your shortest reply yet. Put my name on the MB adoration list too, but after BonJour.

Thank MB and all the others who take time to answer in detail! It means a lot to get your input! Thanks Debbie

I wish to add my kudos as well. You're pretty terrific MB.