Three strikes and you are out! (strike one)Hived the swarm from my observation hive, two days later the hived swarm left and I hived them again (strike two), several days later the hive left again(strike three), I wish them luck! Sometimes the bees do not do what you want them to!
    "Younz" have a great day, I will.

Yep they do.Sometimes for what ever reason the bees idea of what should happen is much different then the beekeepers.Just like other things in life but that belongs on another forum lol.

Was the swarm small? I have had more problems getting small swarms to stay than larger ones
    Mitch KD8IMF

Hi Mitch--yep, the swarm was a small one but the queen was a superb layer in the observation hive that she left originally. The queen was only nine months old and had potential!
    "Younz" have a great day, I will.

power napper,

I had a swarm do me just like that. I thought it might have been because I caught them within a hour after they had swarmed and put them in the box twice. The next swarm that I caught, I waited til the next day, they stayed but I don't know if that was the reason or not. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9