Are there any of you out there? If so, where in this great state do you live? I live in West Central MN, 10 miles south of a town called Alberta.

I'm from Minnesota near Fergus Falls.Where the heck is Alberta?

Smile

Close (well, if one state west counts). I've never heard of Alberta, MN either. If it's in west central MN shouldn't it be fairly close to Fergus Falls. Still have never heard from anyone else from ND on here!

------------------
    Gregg Stewart

Alberta is a small town of about 175. It is about 7 miles west of Morris. Or in other words about 20 miles Southwest of Morris. My family goes to Alexandria shopping about once per month. We will be purchasing a used car from Juettner motors this weeekend. I have been to Fergus on a few occasions, mostly for Knowledge Bowl Meets.

Big Grin

Now that we have figured out where Alberta Minnesota is located... I am located in Twig Minnesota. The weather is still mightly cool up here. There are about ten other hobby beekeepers in this area...

I've done some pheasant hunting near Alberta a while back. No pheasants near my town of Pinewood. Gregg...the other beekeepers in ND that don't come here must be hiding behind the ONE tree in ND. steve

I'm in Wyoming-(Minnesota)....Just north of the twin cities. Have relatives in Brandon and Norcross though.

Cool

I am from Maple Plain MN most of the summer. That is just a little west of Minneapolis.
    Winter I live in Pharr Texas. That is 10 miles from Mexico.
    My bees stay in MN. I will be going north about the time the geese go north.

ChellesBees,

Isn't Wyoming, MN where MDA splitters come from? Would you have an address for them? Or could you get one from the phone book?

MB,
    they advertise in Bee Culture.

MDA Splitter Nuc Boxes
    P.O. Box 9552
    Wyoming, MI 49509
    616-241-3235
    mdiss1@juno.com

Thanks. I lost track of them when their web site dissappeared.

MI would be Michigan, not Minnesota. Figured if they were here I would have known about it.

beekeeper39, does your family ever come to the twin cities? There is a beekeeping club here, and I think there is another one to the north. If you get a chance to come to take the beekeeping class through the U of M, go for it, you will learn a lot. I think it is too late for this spring, but even next year. It is also a great place to meet beginners from all over. There is also a video and a book that you could order that covers most of the class. Actually, I think you can even borrow the video through the Extension office lending library.

The U of MN beginning beekeeping class is this weekend (Friday March 19 thru Sunday March 21). I will be there.

I plan to keep bees in the Albert Lea area (far south MN) next year.

No, I don't go to the Twin Cities often, once per year or less. Although I would LOVE to take one of those classes. But I have a mentor who is in my area, and also a book by Richard Taylor, so I think I'm in fairly good shape.

Big Grin

<<I will be going north about the time the geese go north>>

They beat you back