I installed my package on Thursday evening. Last night (Sunday evening) I checked the hive to see if queen was released, she was, and it looked great!! the 3 middle frames were almost all drawn out, and they were covered with bees. (including the queen).pollen has been pouring into the hive, every bee is so loaded with it, from white to yellow to dark orange.they are also taking lots of 1 to 1 sugarwater. Today everything looked good till this evening about 6:00pm, I saw a little cluster of bees sitting on a log a foot away from the hive. Yes it was the queen and her 10 little attendants!!! I gently brushed them into a cup, and held it by the entrance. she crawled out of the cup, and went back into the hive, the attendants followed. I watched them for the rest of the evening, and they stayed!!!! Why is she leaving the hive??? Is this normal behavior???? Is she suntanning???

You may have more than one queen.
    Bill

What do you mean??? 1 extra queen in the package that came with the cluster, not in a queen cage ???? I only saw one in my inspection,(but once I found her, I wasn't looking for another one).If she comes out again should I catch her, then look for another?? How long can I keep her away from the hive??

I have heard that rarely a queen will take a stroll, but it's pretty unsual to ever see her do it, because it usually doesn't last long and happens so seldom if at all. I think another queen is a possibility. Sometimes the bees hatched a virgin queen that got shook into the package by accident. If so, she is not marked and she's probably a bit on the small side for a queen. Look for the longer wings and all the other queen things to look for but don't expect her to be as large as you think.

My caged queen is not marked, so if I have 2 queens which one do i keep??? the biggest one??, and secondly can I take the other queen, and the bees hanging around her and make another hive (I dont want have to kill her)

If you have plenty of bees, you could split it and use both queens. If not, it's better to have one hive that is doing well than two that are not. If you have another hive that's doing well enough to split, you could use the queen for that also.

Maybe it's time to mark the queens so you can tell? Do you have a pen or paint to mark them? You can get by with white out but it won't last really well. Testor Model paint works well, but there are pens with paint in them that are easier to do. You need to either be able to catch the queen by the thorax or wings or have one of those things that looks like a magnifying glass with screen or threads that let you pin her to the comb and paint her. Be careful. I have accidently killed a queen when I thought I was being quite gentle. You can practice on some drones with a different color first.