Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plasticell

Ah great. Atleast I have everyone remembering what Beekeeping actually is. New ideas? There are many being tried by us in our yards every year.Many changes are no more than making cheaper goods to increase profits but some have possibilities. I have watched the changes over the years. From vaporizer vinigars costing $1,000 which cost no more than 20.00 in parts to make to super Russian queens that don't produce enough brood to make it through winter.Look at the wood they use now! All ready has one foot in trash. Hives from the 60's were 3 x as dense and I still have almost 80 of them in in the fields. I watched at our last local meeting when a lady brought in 3 hives , all dead. They refused to build on the plastic and only did section areas. But,they did draw out all the shallow wax super frames.I agree, try different things but not follow the trendy class

>Atleast I have everyone remembering what Beekeeping actually is.

By the way YB, I use nothing BUT fully drawn PermaComb plastic frames in 50 hives. I have a few other hives with wax and wood, but that **** is on the way out, it draws too many mites.
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

Always knew what it 'actually was'. Think about re-breathers that scuba divers can use. Neat idea, came from experment and trail and error, not to mention a few deaths. But the need was their and so the trials pushed on, till it is what it is today, and used by numerous military and civillian contractors. And where do you think the 'old scuba' tanks are??? Scraped. And we still try to prefect them.
    So what works for one doesn't always work for another.
    Goes along w/'you do your thing and I'll do mine'.
    That is O'K 'cause we all still love ya'. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    And you still keep bees, so you cann't be all bad.
    \"ONLY WHEN THE LAST RIVER HAS BEEN DRIED UP<br />THE LAST TREE BEEN CUT DOWN<br />THE LAST WILD FISH CAUGHT<br />WILL MAN REALIZE YOU CAN\'T EAT MONEY\"<br />GHANDI (?)

&gt;So what works for one doesn't always work for another.
    Goes along w/'you do your thing and I'll do mine'.
    That is O'K 'cause we all still love ya'.

I can FEEL the love!
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

Well bill, It's has been quite awhile sinced I laughed but you sure can use those funny icons to break the ice. I was just ticked that my buddy lost 40,000 colonies this winter. 20,000 more and he quits. I yelled at him and yelled till I couldn't anymore. Now he blames me!!! I didn't yell enough he says.He refused to make changes and atleast TRY what I told him. But no
    Oh Silverfox, I am still a diver till this day. Yep and still have my 1970s tank inspected.
    [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12