Our rainfall here is looking very good for the first six weeks of the year, more than double the average and way ahead of what it's been during the drought. The oldtimers say it looks like a setup for a wet year, the kind we've only had about three times in 50+ years. Not a lot of beekeeping here in the desert compared to other places, but I'm thinking that if it turns out to be really wet then this would be the year to have plenty of bees here. If you've never seen the west bloom in a really wet year it would be worth a few days in the spring to see it. Doesn't happen often, but when it does it's spectacular. How do you westerners think it's shaping up for you this year?
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

Over here (eastern Oregon - desert area) the weather hasbeen unseasonable warm, snow levels are extremely low. Near here there should be 2' of snow but there is only about 4". It is early in the year though and I have seen it snow as late as june so we are hoping.
    ------------------------------------------<br />Colton<br />------------------------------------------

It's pretty wet here so far.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Kinda spooky warm here too; snowpack is around the 30-yr average but not lots just lately and it's too early to say an OK year. Our drought will be in its fifth year here unless we get a seriously good spring that continues through summer. Fingers crossed and rain-dancin' boots on...
    Bees, brews and fun
    in Lyons, CO

Here in Southern Calif., the Los Angeles County area rain fall has been quite unusual. To this date I have measured 23" in back yard guage. In the local foot hills it has been over 30". I would say that the annual average is 10"-15". Bloom on everything is about 4 weeks early. I really expect a very big purple sage crop. Last year there was none.
    Walt

I was at Bolder dam a couple of years ago and the water leval was way down and as I watch the weather chalen I wonder if it is filling any.
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

Very dry here. Little rain last Fall and only about 10 inches of snow so far for the season. Has been a mild Winter overall, but that doesn't help the moisture situation any. We're going to need some significant rains this Spring.
    Gregg Stewart

2.53" year to date as of last night versus the normal .79" of rain. That's 300%+ above normal, and we're due for more. If I could pick a potential year to be keeping lots of hives in the desert, this would be the one.
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

Wet and muddy. Haven't been dry here since last December.
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

South Texas has been wetter than normal (5th wettest rainfall season on record). We have good new growth on the brush. We had a freeze in December that set the brush back some but I think it will be OK. If we dont get another freeze I hope we can have a good year. During the brush bloom (mid/late march to late April) we hope for NO rain. Agarita, and dandelion have been blooming well and I saw my first blackbrush in bloom Yesterday. Bees have been bringing in lots of pollen and building up well.