Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My husband will find a poor bee without any energy after a storm and give her some sugar or honey. She'll then fly happily away.

Last month after stopping to get a John Deere part for the tractor a bee got caught under my window wiper. Yes, I pulled over and let her go. We sure do have tender spots in our hearts for them.

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenseye View Post
    I'll admit to helping them out too. I like when you find them in the snow, bring them in the house, wake them up and run back out to the hive and pop them in.
    My bees are too far away to,..'bring them in the house' but I have [with nobody watching] put them under my parka to warm them up. Glad to see their are other 'crazies' [ I mean, sensitive people, lol.] on Beesource.

I'll bet you won't find comments like this on that,...New,.. commercial beekeepers/pollinators forum, lol.
    Last edited by Oldbee; 07-18-2008 at 07:06 AM.

Default "Cuties"

>but I have [with nobody watching] put them under my parka to warm them up.

Yes Oldbee, you are so sweet ----I don't mow when the little "cuties" are working clover or dandelion. Sometimes I will find some of them floating in my small pond -- either they fell from the little ships I made for them or they just didn't see them and took a nosedive. I will extend a thin twig to them, pull them out and put them on a rock in the sun so they can dry off and warm up. I plant lavender and clover for the little "cuties". I also keep their bee yard mowed and paint their boxes bright colors--Popsicle orange, nachez blue, lemon yellow, limerick green, and a few white.

Corinne
    Last edited by golddust-twins; 07-17-2008 at 11:53 PM.

Oh! thanks,.you are sweet too,.. golddust-twins.

Do you all realize that this thread was started in 2004!? That's before I set up my first beehive!!
    Last edited by Oldbee; 07-18-2008 at 07:03 AM.

>That's before I set up my first beehive!!

Same here Oldbee .

Corinne

somebody went way back in the archives for this one!
    Dan Williamson
    B&C Honey Farm http://www.flickr.com/photos/9848229@N05/

Perhaps we should have an "all archives day" where no new threads are started and members can only post to threads over a year old.
    Regards, Barry

Great Idea Barry. That way some of us newbees could catch up on some of the goings on around here.
    I also help out the girls when I see one down. I have picked up numerous bees and but them back on the landing strip, haven't got stung this way yet, have to do it a lot when they come in overloaded with pollen and nose dive before getting home.

Quote Originally Posted by xC0000005 View Post
    Nah, you aren't the only one. My kids insist that I help every bee home. Then there's my 3 year old daughter, who just picks them up in her hand and carries them to the hive. She's been stung a number of times, and yet she continues.
    I just read the link in your post. Great story from beginning to end. Thanks, I saved it to send to a few folks, hope you don't mind.