now what. This is my first "capture". I didn't have any foundation on hand so I need to run out to buy some. Is this a code blue situation since they only have one frame of foundation. Do I need to rush around? Hopefully when I get back, I'll have some suggestions, but I'll read "Beekeeping for Dummies" tonight.

Thanks

Are we having fun yet?

Put the frames in without any. Do you have enough to cut starter strips? 3/4" strips will get them to build in a straight line in the middle of the frame. Also, if they have the cleats and one frame with foundation. Put the frame of foundation in the center and break out the cleats on the rest. The edge will make a tempting spot to build comb and the one frame of foundation in the center will be a tempting spot to start everything.

All in all, I figure if they're in a box, I'm happy. I can cut bad comb out later and tie it in eaiser than I can run down the street chasing them.

Well they're in the hive and prior to reading this, my wife got some foundation and I put 10 frames worth in. There are a few balls of bees still hanging up in the tree, but most are in the hive and they're on their way. There must have been 5-10 pounds of bees. I don't see how any were left in the original hive. Should I feed them?

>There are a few balls of bees still hanging up in the tree, but most are in the hive

Keep an eye on it and see if the rest drift to the hive or the hive drifts to the balls of bees in the tree. Either might happen.

>Should I feed them?

They have no stores, so it's a good idea to feed them.

They all made their way to the hive by sunset.

Wow!!!!, bare handed. nice photos