I've done the bee brush thing. The pound the super on the ground thing. And also the bee blower thing. Not happy with the time, inconvenience, damage, or effort and results of any of those mentioned.

I'm looking for a ONE stop at an apiary way to go. So bee escapes are out. What product would be best for removing bees as the supers are pulled. I thought there was something you set the supers on, with a solution or such, and that the bees would leave in a hurry. Is this something that is fast, can be done without residue, damage to bees, and is effective? I see ads for beego and the like, but can someone reccommend from experience?

I'm hoping there is someone out there who is still reading these posts after the "slideshow" posted earlier this morning. I was wondering how long that would stay up and posted.

Bjbee

Make it a two day thing... take off the supers and set them off to the side of the entrance about dark....

Wait for the girls to go inside, or wait till early early morning to collect the supers.

I haven't used them. But Fischer Bee Quick seems the least toxic and the most pleasant smell. It's just essential oils where the rest are all butyric acid.

Last year was my first harvest and I used Bee Quick. Worked just fine. I like Daisy's idea, though, and may give it a try this year.

I been blowing for over 30 years. They are loud and obnoxious but get the job done. I have a sturdy Lazy Susan on which I stand up the supers and turn them. Those LS bearings from the hardware store don't last. I made my new one out of a drafter's stool.

Have you tried abandonment? CC Miller was fond of this method. Just pull the supers during the flow and stack them off the hives and wait for the bees to leave them. Then load them up. DO NOT TRY IT DURING A DEARTH.

We just set the supers on edge and put them 10 to 12 ft. away,leave them fore 2 ta 3 hrs. and most ar gone.Very little blowing.Later on the robbing starts,then use be go.Now,the painted black menchend is rite,but also,when the lid is 1st put on,set it on crossways for 5 min.its to strong,then on rite and yew can follow rite around.Use 4 at once,then keep going round

------------------
    B. roger eagles