one of my 2 sets of splits from 2 weeks ago swarmed today.
The good part is -I managed to get it into a box and dumped them into a hive with 3 frames of drawn foundation. All appears to be go - they look to be settling in - keeping my fingers crossed. They were in a cedar tree about 10 ft off the ground. I did put on a hood and veil just in case but was dressing in only tshirt and no gloves.
I was wondering if it would be better to just keep the 5'th hive or wait a bit and try to recombine.
Also, with all the extra space I gave them when doing the split I was surprised they swarmed so soon. Hope others don't.