Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Big Grin

When I was a teen I saw some bee keeping equip in the Sears farm and ranch catalog, you could even order bees. I wanted a hive of bees something terrible but I was told "not around here", now I’m 43.
    In April I was reading a garden magazine when I saw an ad for brushy mtn remembering that long ago desire. I ordered the catalog within two days of it arriving equip and bees were on order, much to my wife’s dismay.
    Since then I have placed more orders for "extra stuff" that I thought I needed. THEN I found this place, I wish I had found it in April it would have helped me make some better decisions about what to get now and what to wait on, the info has been extremely good.
    I would like to say thank you to Mr. Bush for your very thoughtful and informative answers not only to me but to everybody. I have picked up a great deal just reading the answers you give, it has been better than having a reference book which I’ve bought 3.
    I’d like to say that my two hives and this friendly community on here have totally hooked me into beekeeping and I’m already planning for next year’s growth.

Jonquière, Quebec (ABOVE 48th parallel North!!)
    Thank you Michael, I'm just here since June, but already found that you are the kind of person that is really generous with your time and knowledge. Keep sharing with us.

Hugo
    Alma, Quebec

To all the moderatators We thank you for all that you put into making this forum on beesource.com so interesting . A chance for us to become friends in a hobby we call beekeeping. I met some great people on here and the kindness the moderators show us even when our questions seem abit #$#%^&^**( Thanks again to all who host this great forum
    Walt

Smile

I also want to add my name to the (already long) list of thankful folks!
    Always thoughtful and knowleagable, his help is invaluable to us. When is your book going to came out, Michael? It might be time to start thinking about it...
    However, I wonder if we got it all wrong... What if Michael is not a person but just a name for a team of 100 beekeeping masters that work under one name...
    Sincerely,
    Alejandro

------------------

There are many other forums where when you ask a question, people send you off to read a book or tell you to go to a beekeeper's association meeting. This forum and Michael Bush understand and respect the poster's intelligence. We HAVE read the books, many books in fact, sometimes we want to hear about different opinions and experiences beyond what is in the books and beyond what we hear at our local association.

I have been on this forum for less that a month and have obtained a great deal of practical and theoretical information, I am extremely thankful to everyone here, but especially Mr. Bush who will never fail to comment on almost every single post. I hope the forum remains the same.

[This message has been edited by GAbee (edited July 10, 2003).]

One word Michael:
    THANKS!
    Scott

Michael -

I am very grateful for your willingness to be a moderator, but more so, to give of your time and knowledge so others may gain. This is the kind of community I had hoped for. Thanks for your part in it.

I also want to thank all the members on this board for their great spirit by showing civility to each other. You make it easy to run such a board.

Regards,
    Barry

I am with the rest of the crowd on this one. Thank You Micheal Bush for your insight and the sharing of your knowledge. You really help us novices out alot.

DaleJr

Michael,
    I see you don't have your email posted. Care to send me an email? - I'd like to give you my comments on your Buckfast bee experience (if you're interested).
    /TBG

BeeScared Guest

>When I first started posting I thought man this guy has got to be the most helpful person I have every met.

I still am new and I think Michael will be very helpful for future refrences.He's already replied to my first post ever. In fact I think he was the very first one.

Thanks michael,

BeeScared

Michael’s clear and unmistakable addiction to this forum - to include several of the rest of “you” (certainly NOT me!) reminds me of an old Saturday Night Live skit where William Shatner was a guest star. In this comedy skit, he was at the podium of a Star Trek convention answering the typically ridiculous questions that come from the “Trekies” (who don’t seem to be able to separate reality from the sci-fi program). Finally he got fed up and said, “You…you people need to get a life! …You there…(pointing to some guy in the audience)…have you EVER kissed a girl?”

*I* have.

Wink

Michael

I would say you’re like a mother to the beekeeper on this forum. I’m not always agreeing with your comments (and I’m sure you know it) but in general you’re doing a great job. Without your help some young beekeeper would be stuck.
    Nobody is perfect and we learning every day, doesn’t matter how old we are. I’m sure their lots of people on the Internet reading your explanations and advise without posting any message. It’s normal in human live, if people following an advice and have a positive result they never complain and the majorities forget to say thanks.
    With my clumsy English I like to say thanks for your work and I hope I will find you here at least for the next few thousand postings.

Herbert Axtmann

Axtman:
    >I’m not always agreeing with your comments (and I’m sure you know it)

Yes, but I think you are genuinely trying to share your successes with people who need help. Your perspective on beekeeping is very different, sometimes in a very good way because in the US it seems to be mostly a commercial thing. People expect the solution to their problems to be a product to buy whether it's a chemical or a queen. You're more oriented to being self sufficient and I always find that appealing.

Thanks for sharing your perspective of things.

I hope people know that I sometimes have a different view of things than what is "accepted" practice. But I think we all get a view, as you say, because things worked and so we never questioned the process, or because things failed and we gave up on the process. When actually the success or failure of a process may just be the honey flow or the time of year or the mood of the bees and not the process we followed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12