Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mmundy Guest

Definitely off-topic... I hope we can all be eternally greatful for the thoughtful wisdom of our moderator, Michael Bush. I know that I am. I just noticed he's made his 2600th post since joining in August 2002. Michael, are you addicted to Beesource? If so, I cannot blame you. I just love it. When do you ever get any work done? (Your profile says you are a programer.) Thanks for all your advice. Will there soon need to be an additional Forum added? ...One called BAA (Beesource Addicts Anonymous)

Definitely off-topic... I hope we can all be eternally greatful for the thoughtful wisdom of our moderator, Michael Bush. I know that >I am. I just noticed he's made his 2600th post since joining in August 2002. Michael, are you addicted to Beesource?

Yes.

>If so, I cannot blame you. I just love it.

So do I.

>When do you ever get any work done? (Your profile says you are a programer.)

It's easy to do this while I'm contemplating a problem. This is easy.

> Thanks for all your advice.

You're welcome.

>Will there soon need to be an additional Forum added? ...One called BAA (Beesource Addicts Anonymous)

Perhaps.

dcromwel Guest

here here....three cheers for our moderator-extraordinaire. Thanks, Michael, for all your wonderful advice and insights. Generosity beyond compare.

Thanks,

David

I agree whole heartedly. Please keep up the good work Michael, it is very much appreciated.

I am definetly getting a lot of info from Michael and the entire beesource site.
    Only problem is, Whenever he replies to one of my posts I have more work to do. Like make screened bottom boards, FGMO workings, hive attic, frame spacer.
    Not to mention the problem that my hives are almost too heavy, with honey, for me to lift.
    My bees thank you also Michael.
    You have made my hobby more interesting and productive.
    Keep up the good work.

------------------
    Erwin

I had no idea I was so appreciated. I take the people who disagree with me abstained. Thanks.

My hat's off to you Michael.(espcially since you got the cordovn's).no laying all the joke beside, thank you very much for all of your hard work >>>>Mark

Well, a coyote should know about mutton.

I'll throw my hat in this ring. Michael has contributed to every single one of my posts and if it hadn't been for his responses, some of my posts would have gone unanswered.

He is simply the hardest working moderator I have ever had occasion to work with.

>Will there soon need to be an additional Forum added? ...One called BAA (Beesource Addicts Anonymous)

I don't have time for BAA - I already spend too much time keeping up with Beesource
    ---
    Seriously though: thanks, Michael. You're my number 1 bee authority.

Big Grin

I think it is because of his early ties to OKLAHOMA see his post about his bee mentor from the early 1970's was from OKLAHOMA. I have appreciated his comments and advise as well. When I first started posting I thought man this guy has got to be the most helpful person I have every met. Newbie question - no problem for MB. Silly questions - no problem he tries to give an answer to every question even if all of his answers start with "IT DEPENDS..."

I agree with everyone else. Michael has a knack for answering questions so eloquently--even when there is a disagreement. Thank you!
    D.

Big Grin

Oh, I forgot to add.....
    When I first started frequenting this forum I assumed Michael lived at his computer.

Just checking in from someones elses computer since mine went kaput two weeks ago.

Had to chime in with a debt of gratitude too.

Thanks Michael!

Bill

And I as well: Even when you disagree, you do it gently! I only wish you lived up in MY neck of the woods- You are an awesome resource...

>And I as well: Even when you disagree, you do it gently!

I do try to be open-minded. First of all, I might be wrong. But sometimes the reason people have different opinions is that they tried a method and it failed for them. Maybe it failed because it wasn't a good method or maybe it failed because of the weather, the climate, the state of the hive, the flow, an odd mood the bees were in, or a lack of attention to detail. Who knows? Timing is everything. But we all (including me) tend to throw a method out when it didn't work for us. I try to explain methods that worked for me. But I can't say that other methods, even ones that failed for me, didn't work for someone else nor that they won't work for you.

Also, a lot of keeping bees is based on your own philosophy. If you micromanage or have a lazze faire attitude has to do with how you view the bees. Some people see them as not very smart and constantly needing help. Some people see them as having innate wisdom as to what they should do. I guess I tend to think that only bees really know what a bee does or what a bee should do. I try to listen to them. But sometimes, especially when they are queenless and don't want to accept a queen, I tend to think they are a bit too stubborn.

Also people are coming from different places as far as time and resources. If you're a commercial beekeeper you don't have time to inspect every hive in that much detail. When youÂ’re a newbie you can't stay out of the hive because you're trying to learn what they are doing. I have only kept a few hives over a long period of time and studied them in detail. I come to different conclusions than someone who has had thousands of hives and managed them with a little more distance. The commercial beekeeper comes up with solutions that don't tie up too much time and money. The hobbyist often comes up with more interesting, but maybe not as practical of a solution.

Thanks for all the Kudos. I had no idea anyone appreciated my ramblings that much.

Greetings . . .

I want to say "THANK YOU", to Michael Bush and everyone who makes this board possible.

Dave W

I would like to take this opertunity to thank
    Michael Bush.

He has got me out of trouble many times and has given some great advise. Even if its all the way down here in Australia.

Thanks Michael

whenever anyone posts something I always want to see what Michael Bush has to say I really learn a lot from everyone but MB especially .Thanks.
    Chris Joens

Smile

Michael,

I too am deeply grateful for your sharing of your insites into our fascination with honeybees (beekeeping). You are to be commended as with the other people who provide this forum. I almost cannot remember how I functioned before I found Beesource. So, please realize that there are many of us out there who do appreciate your "ramblings".

John Jussel
    Yankton, SD

------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast