Sad

Hi,

I got tagged twice over the last 2 weeks in the the forehead and each one got infected. I had to take antibiotics to clear it up. Very painful. Anybody have a similar problem? Any treatment I can administer so it doesn't get infected? Gotta start wearing my veil now when I just observe.....

Thanks

I haven't had them get infected. Seems odd. You could keep some provoiodine on hand and apply it. It might help. Personally I'd use some wet tobacco. It's more likely to draw the poison and draw the infection out.

Wet tobacco? Wow. Gotta realize, I'm a city boy. So do I get a pack of cigs and empty them out? How long do I apply it?

This is really cool...

Mike

Get a can of snuff.Put in a big pinch between your cheek and gum. Then spit on your sting. If its your first time tou may hurl.

Unless you smoke and they happen to be handy (which I don't), cigs are way too expensive. Canned tobacco is cheap by comparison. You can get all kinds most people use what's handy. Levi Garret is a bigger leaf and a bit sticky so a little bit of water or saliva and you can get it to stick well. But a poultice of any kind of tobbaco that's been wetted works ok. It will burn a bit as it draws blood to the area and draws the poison out.

A wet apsirn will also soothe the sting, but I'm not sure about it killing any germs.

My father always chewed leaf tobacco and when we got stung,he would spit it on us kids. It was gross but it seemed to work. Still seems to work. Somewhere I've seen a suction syringe for bee-stings. Camping supply catalog or something. Might work without being habit forming. Make sure and get the stinger out because it will get infected just like a briar or any foriegn body in your skin.

How about honey !!!

Honey is a good antibiotic, it cleans the wounds, and it shound be handy if you are a beekeeper.

J

I seem to get stung a lot on the hands and wrist.If I neglect to scratch out the stingers sometimes they fester up a bit like a briar,but never had any real infections .Always figured the poison killed any bacteria.Never tried tobacco,but always have some on hand for other purposes!A bit of honey smeared on a particularly painful sting seems to help.

rubbing alcohol is a disinfectant and will get rid of the alarm odor too.

Spitting chaw on bee stings...My kids loved that one.. Thanks for all the great advice everyone!!

If you don't want to chew it (and I don't) and it doesn't want to stick with just spit or water, try some honey on the sting to hold the tobbaco on.