All,

I had some woodenware fumigated by the State Bee Inspector ( who is a great guy by the way )recently. I had inadvertantly left a frame with a plasticell insert in the fumigation chamber. I noticed today that the plasticell came out of that process warped and the wax coating was all blistered. Looked ruined to me. I don't really know what the impact is to all of you but I thought you would be interested in what I had found.

Thanks

Hi Zeebee,

I'm in MD too, near La Plata. I'm just starting this coming spring. Jerry Fischer fumigated some boxes for me as well. It's a fabulous service.

I don't think there is any high heating involved in the process. I accidently left 3 frames of some old partially drawn thin surplus comb in one box and it came out fine. I'm going to throw that away, of course. I can't think of a process that might heat your plasticell up to a warping point and not melt my wax comb.

Good luck this spring!

Kai

Could be that the chemical acts as a solven on the plastic.

Actually Guys, now that I think about it...

The inspector drove the chamber to my house. Its suppose to run for 24 hours. However, the weather got bad, he couldn't pick it up, and my equipment stayed in the chamber another 12 hours or so. Maybe the prolonged exposure had something to do with it..