So, I thought my 'super' bees might be ready for the second deep super in just three weeks. But, when I went in yesterday I found their progress wasn't nearly as dramatic as the first two weeks (I stopped the sugar syrup after about 2 1/2 weeks) and there was a supercedure cell on one of the frames!!
    I've had a hard time seeing the egs but the larvae and capped brood are obvious. I do think the caps are spaced alittle spotty but not terribly. I'm more concerned with the queeen cell. Should I remove it?

Thanks,
    Ed.

They are superceding the present queen because they have perceived a problem with her - I would trust their judgment, they are the professionals after all! If for some reason you do not like their replacement, you can always requeen later.

Keith

I concur. The bees are USUALLY correct in their assesment. And even if they aren't they usually figure that out too.

I wonder if since this was a late install and with the heat we've had lately, if this was in any way due to stopping the syrup when I did.

Thanks for the replies.
    Ed.

I doubt that. The bees usually don't supercede because a flow starts or stops. They DO often try to supercede after the hive being moved (as if that was the queen's fault).

But even then they often decide, before they are done, that things are doing well again and tear down the supercedure cell.