today I was watching the activity in the front of my hive and saw a larger than normal amount of bees waitnid to enter the hive. I figured this could mean..
    1. A robbing situation
    2. the top deep is now loaded with nectar and honey(last week on friday it had about 3-4 frames with just 25% to 50% comb and the rest full of nectar but not capped yet)and it is time to super
    3. swarming? (first year hive)
    4. something this dumbass can't figure out.
    It had rained the previous day and into the early morning maybe they were just really busy!

>today I was watching the activity in the front of my hive and saw a larger than normal amount of bees waitnid to enter the hive. I figured this could mean..
    1. A robbing situation

If they are robbers here are additional symptoms. The robbers will be hovering a lot and searching all over the hive for other openings. A traffic jam they will be hovering right in front of the entrance but not really anywehre else. Also robbers are sometimes darker and shiny from getting their hair pulled out.

>2. the top deep is now loaded with nectar and honey(last week on friday it had about 3-4 frames with just 25% to 50% comb and the rest full of nectar but not capped yet)and it is time to super

You can find this out by looking. If it's a booming hive I'd want at least ten frames they aren't doing anything with.

>3. swarming? (first year hive)

If it's preparation for a swarm they tend to be clustered in a lump on the front of the hive on hanging off of the bottom board (if there is enough height there). They also may hover and fly around but they will cluster on the front for few days before.

Take off the supers, and tip up the brood chambers and look for swarm cells hanging down.

>4. something this dumbass can't figure out.
    It had rained the previous day and into the early morning maybe they were just really busy!

It's possible they are just busy.

could it also be young workers taking orientation flights?