Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Is there really a Bolling Bee

25K views 170 replies 42 participants last post by  Hi-Tech 
#1 ·
Yes I know this is a subject already discussed. But I thought a new thread to update and find out how anyone made out would be nice, now that my patience is running out.

I have tried to contact via phone and I get the answering service which then promptly says that for some reason a message can not be left at this time. I have also e-mailed. This last time requesting the queens be sent, or a full refund would be expected. Days I can understand. Weeks border on the edge. Months are just unbelievable. I am still waiting for a "confirmed" ship date for the third week of April.

Has anyone been able to recieve anything? Can you actually contact someone? I have not recieved any phone call, mail, or correspondance of any sort in regards to the prepaid order I made in January.

Is there any members on beesource that has Alabama numbers to Better business bureau contacts, State attorneys offices, or other agencies who deal with this matter. Does anyone know of interstate business procedures and time allowances for such matters? Can complaints be made without sending certified letters? Would this be the next step to "confirm" that they actually did recieve something from me?

What were the requirements for being listed on beesource as a supplier? Were these producers just taken from a bee mag or list? And at what point are the members of this board not being served to the point that a producers number and listing should be removed?

Thank you.

See less See more
#2 ·
BJ

Look for a post from me tomorrow as I WILL be calling someone. I sent my second letter certified. It has been over 10 business days (which is what my local DA requires before getting involved in certain cases.)

This is rediculous. For the past 3 weeks, I've kept my phone line open during work hours (not easy since I'm an internet junky and have some weekdays off), and while I'm out of town this week, I have to have a neighbor checking my answering machine daily JUST IN CASE I get a call.

In my letter, I specified that I wanted a phone call or email AS WELL AS a written letter or fax from him or his "agent". I have gotten none of these.

Earler posts by one or two that have been served are not really convincing me that I shouldn't be suspecting something underhanded going on. There is NO excuse for him to not be contacting people; if he's that busy, his wife, children, or some "agent" should have been brought in to handle the open accounts.

As I'm only a few hours from there, I may have to travel there this week. If that happens, anyone wanting me to look into their situation can email me their names.

Waya

#5 ·
Bjorn,
I spoke to my friend at the DA's office here. He had me call the local sheriff's office there as the local authorities will have to handle it. (additionally, he thought there might already be an investigation going on.)

Tallapoosa County Sheriff's Department
316 Industrial Park Drive
Dadeville, Alabama 36553
256-825-4264

An agent there told me that she would have someone contact him and see what was going on. She was particularly interested if I had a "garanteed date of delivery."

Waya

#6 ·
Bjorn,

As mentioned in my previous updates, my packages were prepaid (50%) in December. They were supposed to be available for pickup around the first week of April.

I heard nothing, and was unable to contact Mr. Livings via phone, email, or USPS until April 27. On that day, he did answer the phone and told me that my packages would be ready the weekend of May 7. He called and told my wife on May 6 that the packages would not be ready that weekend. I was able to get through again last Friday (May 13) and he told me that my packages would be ready this Tuesday or Wednesday (May 17-18).

King Bee Apiary from this board has actually received his packages from Bolling Bee.

Mr. Livings does seem like a nice man on the phone. I understand that things happen in this business, and sometimes deliveries will be delayed. He has told me that he is running behind due to the weather and a few personal family matters. I do not understand why customers, especially those that have prepaid, are not kept apprised as to when they might expect their bees.

If and when I talk to him next, or when I receive the packages, I will try to find out what is going on for you and Waya. If you two want to post your names or pm them to me I will try to get that info. I wll also advise him of the affect his lack of communication has on his customers.

#8 ·
ikeepbees, My info is as follows...
Check paid by "Bjorn Apairies" in the amount of $187.00 and dated 7 Jan 05, for 12 queens including shipping. My real name is Michael Thomas but I do not think it would be listed as such. I am from Lewisberry, Pa. so no confusion exists. And if you make contact, have him call me at 717-938-0444.

Meanwhile I will be drafting my letter to send to the address that wayacoyote listed. Thank you.

#9 ·
Just a note for everyone here,Yes I did recieve my four packages of bees back on April 23,so far I'm happy with the service I got,but I also live close by (45 minutes away).His operations is now in Prattville Alabama.I have no idea why he is not returning your calls or mail.I have also gotten the recorded messages too.I do wish you luck on this.Maybe next year if everything goes right I'll be selling queens as well.

#10 ·
King Bee,
Didn't you actually have to go and pick yours up, and on a day that he "advised against it" (due to the rain)?

You say he's in Prattville now? do you have a physical address for that? It isn't that I don't trust YOU, but I figured that letting the sheriff look into it might make things a little clearer for me.

Waya

#11 ·
yes i picked mine up but had arranged that before hand.And it was Charlie that advised me they would be alittle mean because it was real cool here ,low 50's.But being new I insisted.
I was told he has a bee yard in mobile,prattville area,and Jackson's Gap,but was moving it all to the Prattville area.
Again he seems very busy but can't answer why he hasn't contacted anyone.
I do not know the address of the place,was just given directions of how to get there.
Good luck to all as I still have 6 packages on order for mid summer.

#12 ·
Bjorn and everyone,

Mr. Livings called me today. I should be able to pick up at least a portion of my packages tomorrow (May 19). He indicated that the flow in my area has been weaker than anticipated and he is having difficulty shaking enough bees to fill orders.

I told him that there is a general sense of dissatisfaction on this board about the lack of communication from him on the status of orders. He acknowledged the deficiency, and offered the following in explanation (I should emphasize that he was not trying to make excuses, just describing his situation in a matter of fact way).

He is in the beeyard all day, every day. He keeps his phone in his truck, and checks his voice mail every time he gets in, and tries to answer it when it rings. Some of the areas he works have limited cell service. His voice mail fills up several times a day due to the nationwide shortage of bees - everyone is calling all the time looking for bees. That is why most of the time you can't leave voice mail. He cannot currently afford a secretary.

As I mentioned above, he seems like a good man. I told him that rather than register a complaint, I preferred to offer the suggestion that he make an effort to keep his customers better apprised of the situation. I told him that I thought that late deliveries are easier to understand than a failure to communicate the problem to the customer. He said that he would try to get on Beesource this weekend to respond to what has been written.

Bjorn - As he was away from his desk, he did not recall your specific order. I told him you were Bjorn Apiaries in PA, that you ordered queens in January, and that you wanted him to call you at the number you listed above.

#13 ·
thanks, Rob,

However, better than getting on BeeSource to reply to messages (which he is entitled to do) I would prefer that he first contact me directly and inform me on the status of My order rather than send out a blanket status to every one. May God bless you all, but I need to know when to expect my own bees, if at all.

Waya

#14 ·
My order of queens was to be here May 5-7. After 1 week late and a garage full of package bees I had to call and cancel the queens and get them locally, At a premium price. He said a check would be sent next week for the full amount of $360.00. This is now May 18 and to date a return hasn't come.I am quite upset with charles :confused:

#15 ·
I run a business selling tomato plants to the public. Its a very real problem to deal with inventory and to make sure orders are shipped in a timely manner. I've only had problems with 3 orders (out of several hundred) so far this year and they were only 3 days late shipping. I would NEVER put myself in a position to be months late with a shipment.

I guess I have to weigh in on this by saying that the performance demonstrated as per the above posts is totally unacceptable.

I wish you luck with your orders and/or refunds!

Fusion http://www.selectedplants.com/

#16 ·
IT IS UNBELIEVABLE HOW SO FOLKS DO BUSINESS. A PHONE CALL ONCE IN A WHILE TO LET YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON IS TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR I GUESS. THEY SURE WANT YOU TO PRE PAY THOUGH DON'T THEY. I GOT MY PACKAGES THOUGH BRUSHY MOUNTAIN WHO GETS THIERS THOUGH WILBANKS. I RECIEVED A LOVELY LETTER IN THE MAIL EXPLAINING MY ONE WEEK DELAY ON MY PACKAGES. DUE TO WEATHER EVERYONE WAS PUSHED BACK A WEEK-- WHICH IS FINE SINCE THEY HAD THE CURTOSY TO LET US KNOW. THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW ABOUT BOLLING BEE. MAYBE YOU SHOULD REPORT THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. THEY DESRVE IT.

#17 ·
ANOTHER THING I THOUGHT OF, IF YOU PAID WITH A CREDIT CARD YOU MY BE ABLE TO PUT IN A CLAIM AND GET YOUR MONEY REFUNDED. IT PAYS TO PAY WITH CREDIT CARDS EVEN IF YOU KEEP ONE AROUND WITH A LOW BALANCE JUST FOR THESE KIND OF SITUATIONS. I BOUGHT SOME BOOKS ONLINE LAST YEAR AFTER A MONTH OR TWO OF NOT RECIEVING MY BOOKS AND NUMEROUS FAILED ATTEMPS TO PHONE AND EMAIL THIS COMPANY I CALLED UP MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND THE FULL CHARGE WAS RETURNED TO MY ACCOUNT-- NO PAPERWORK EITHER! JUST A THOUGHT.

#22 ·
If any part of Bolling bees transactions were done throught the US Mail you may be able, especially as a group, get the USPS to investigate mail fraud. Although I believe there has to be some intent to defraud even a notice of investigation may get some answers. After all the posts and efforts anyone who isn't marching on the place with a pitchfork is just fooling themselves. It is apparrent whatever else is going on this guy is a shister and 1/2. If he has your money and you don't get your product and he doesn't return you money or phone calls then he's stealing! At some point excuses are just that, excuses. Good luck guys!!

#23 ·
Joel,

You may be right, I may be crazy...wait that was BILLY Joel...

I really don't think Mr. Livings intends to steal our money - King Bee Apiary has taken delivery of his packages this year, and I bought queens from Bolling Bees last Summer with no problems. My impression is that he is just way behind and is not making an effort to let his customers know what is going on. And that is very frustrating.

Good point regarding the USPS.

#24 ·
Update: Finally reached Mr. Livings yesterday evening. I asked what had happened to my delivery the day before. His reply was that he had gone back home that day due to a family matter, and that I might be able to get my packages next week, and that he was sorry for the delay. I told him that at this point, the delay was not the problem, but that my wife had stayed home all day waiting for his call, and that I had made a special trip home to "re-prepare" the yard for the packages. I had also thawed some frames of honey to give to the packages. All for nothing, as he had not even bothered to call and let me know that he had changed his mind once again. He said he would do better next time.

#25 ·
Hey I Keepbees,
May I ask how many packages your getting from Mr Landings? From his reply to you he said he fills large orders first,and how they come in.. How large is your order and maybe we can try by ourselves figure out when we will get ours, with my one package maybe he will enclose a Christmas card LOL just kidding I hope.
Walt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.