do the holes go on the bottom or the top of the frame????does anyone know??

They go on the bottom. The bees often leave or make communication holes here and that's why they left them on the DuraGilt.

michael,thank you for responding so quickly.I just got my first hive today,and I'm putting it together tonite.I was hoping you'd be on tonite.. this was my first posting,but i'm sure im going to have a million more questions!!!! thanks again........BOB..

You are welcome. Even if you put the holes up it won't hurt anything. The reason they put the holes was to counter resistance at the time the DuraGilt came to market. Since bees often make a communication hole there, old beekeepers argued they couldn't make one through the plastic and that would be bad for the way a hive normally is. So Dadant put in the hole to satisfy this argument.

It probably doesn't matter but I always cut the corner out of plastic foundation for the same reason. Now I notice they score the RiteCell so you can do this. I figure if the bees want to leave the corner open I won't get in their way.