Question

Somewhere on the web I saw a swarm catching net that was mounted on a pole, telescoping(?) for use on swarms that were off the ground in a tree or something of that nature. Has anyone else seen it?? Or does anyone have any info on the construction of one?????

hi! i think that u're looking for this
    http://www.beeworks.com/uspage4.asp

i hope it help!

jose

Big Grin

BINGO!!!!!!!
    Thanks I'm either gon' buy one or try to make one of my own design.

Here's an easy design for a swarm catcher I made last year:

I used a square plastic bucket with a lid (from a scoopable catlitter container). I hinged one side of the lid to the top of the bucket with a couple zip ties,cut a large hole in the bottom of the bucket & attached a laundry bag net ( from Wal-mart) to the bottom. Then attached 1" conduit (I prefer metal to plastic, less flex but watch out for electric lines!)to the side of the bucket using conduit hangars w/rivets & washers.Attach your pull-cord to the lid & your ready. (I drilled a hole in the conduit at an angle and corresponding hole in the bucket, I ran the pull-cord down through the conduit so it wouldn't get caught in tree limbs.)

Brushy Mt. sells one that is pretty good, but yours sounds intersting. I like the idea of running the rope inside the pole to keep it from getting caught in the branches.

I have one of Brushy Mt's and it had the rope down the middle of the EMT also. Looks easy enough to make too.