If mead was the 1st alcholic beverage made by man, why isn't it mass-marketed like wine and beer?
(1) Does it not taste as good as wine?
(2) Is it more expensive/difficult to make than wine or beer?
(3) Is it because grapes/hops don't sting?
(4) Is it so good that home mead makers keep it all for themselves, thwarting market penetration?
(5) Does it bring less in the marketplace than other honey products?
(6) Is mead-making equipment prohibitively expensive?
David in Baltimore
[This message has been edited by dcromwel (edited December 11, 2003).]