chrismbm Guest

Dear All:

Thanks for all of your knowledge over the past few months. It has really helped us in our 1st season. We just harvested our first honey and it's wonderful. Although we know we did really stupid things, we bottled 3 gallons! We're thrilled.
    Today's question is what is Permacomb? I've seen the term used frequently. We bought our frames from Lapp's and I decided to go with Pierco Plastic Frame/Foundation. Are these one and the same but with different brand names?
    Thanks for everything - it's much appreciated.

>Today's question is what is Permacomb?

Fully drawn plastic comb. If you search the equipment forum you'll find a very long thread where it is thoroughly discussed (and cussed).

>I've seen the term used frequently. We bought our frames from Lapp's and I decided to go with Pierco Plastic Frame/Foundation. Are these one and the same but with different brand names?

Nothing alike at all. The bees have to draw the Pierco. The PermaComb is a full comb, they just have to fill it.

Hi Chris I see you have posted a 15 times and must ne very new to bees and this site.Most of all i will tell you most of use have been where you are and are still learning.There is now stupid question.Fire away anytime that is what this Board is all about.
    Bob

Arrow

Hi, there is no stupid questions. You would not bee asking them if you knew the answers. Like it was said before ask away that is why we have this BB here for new bee's to ask questions and the more experienced ones will try to answer them.

You will find over time that honeybees are quite resilient (sp?) and forgiving up to a point after that well they start playing Dr and will try to give you several 'shots' in the arm, leg, face ........

Dan