I purchased a nail gun set up for a remodel I will start this spring. I used the brad nailer to put together 5 deeps and frames as my first project. I built all 5 deeps and 50 frames in 30 minutes out of the box. I think it would have taken at least a couple of hours with a hammer. Really much more solid than standard nails as well.

Whitey: SOunds great. I have a couple of questions. What type of nailer are you using? What type of nails for the hive? What type of nails fo rthe frames? Thanks.

I use a Senco SN40 15 guage finish nailer with 2.5" nails on mine, and lots of Titebond II.

I use an Accu-set Stapler with 18 guage 1 1/2 galvinized staples, it does a great job on frames and so far does good on hive bodies and supers also. I also glue with Titebond II also...

I use a Paslode brad nailer on frames and Paslode framer with 1 1/2" galvanized on hive bodies and supers.

Get nail gun nails with the adhesive finish to lock them in.

I also use the new generation polyurethane glue that is waterproof and works excellent!! It is expensive but goes along way. Elmers Probond is less money that Gorilla glue usually.

Dip the ends of the supers or frame parts in water first for 2 reasons.

1. I is used as a catylist for the new urethane glues.

2. I helps prevent spliting.

Porter cable finish nailer using 15ga 2.5" nails for the deeps. I used the narrow crown stapler and 1 1/2" staples for the frames. No glue.