Thread: Honey Labels

What do you all use for honey labels? I'm not particularly fond of the ones I've seen for sale in the magazines. I'm more interested in making my own on a computer. Anyone else doing that?

Thanks,
    DLee

Hi Dlee,

Yes, I have been using my own labels with special help from my wife. We buy the pre-cut boxes of Mead labels to fit the size jar that I am working with. Next, my wife hand draws the graphics for the labels and I stick them onto the jars.

One thought that I have had is this... If you draw up a label that you like, you could have the label scanned and saved as a digital file. Many of the applications on modern computers (Word, WordPerfect, etc.) will allow you to print these graphics onto the pre-cut labels. Voila, with a color printer, you can have as many labels as you want, and they are all the same.

Hope this helps,
    Paul

Take a trip to a software store.
    Tons of "Label Making" programs.
    In fact I think if you search around you might even be able to download a few.
    Problem I found with home-made labels is if the labels get wet, the ink runs and you have to remove it and add another.

Smile

I use Print Shop and return address labels

I make my own labels. I have been custom labeling for the farm where I keep my bees, so people who visit know it is a farm product. I use Print Shop Deluxe, and Avery 8163 white shipping labels. (they are 2" x 4") and fit everything but honey bears. For Bears, I print a 2 sided business card, punch a hole in it, and tie it on with raffia. With Print shop, and other programs, there are tons of graphics that are available to use. The copywright (on Print shop anyhow) is very liberal, so copywright infringement isn't an issue if you use one of these graphics. There are tons of options out there, a walk through the local office supply store would give you label options-round, square, rectangle etc. then make sure your program does the label you want. Bee Creative!