Hello all!

So, I am thinking of getting a part time job to support my beekeeping habit.

I would like to buy an extracter.

any recomendations?

Unless you've got a line on a cheap used one or you have more than 10 hives, my advice is don't bother.

Otherwise, buy a 9/18 from Mann Lake. It's big enough to be worth something.

If you plan on 8 plus hives go with the 9/18
    I started with a 3 frame hand crank the least expensive from kellys.I only used it one year,and went with the manlake 9/18 and love it.Crankin is not good unlees you want a fitness program built in with beekeeping lol.I got the extractor last year and now have 10 hives.the honey crop has not been good the last2 years.But I know when i have a good year with 10 or more hives i will be in great shape. Oh and other equipmet i have and you will need.2 5 gal.buckets with honey gate,the small plastic decapping tank manlake,electric knife,and some kind of strainer.I have a heat tape on the extractor made for it.It only gets bout 110 deg.and makes the honey flow a bit better.Hope this helps a bit.
    Bob
    Bob

I started to extract my first crop of honey with a brand new galvanized Kelley 2 frame hand crank job.That lasted about 3 days before I took off the crank and mounted an old motor on it .Life improved immediately.

I wanted to buy from Mann Lake but they were out and did not expect any for a month so I bought the 9/18 from Brushy Mountain, does a fine job.

In previous years I borrowed a four frame hand crank. I dreaded it so much that I left all the honey for the bees last year.