I had a swarm move into a swarm trap on Tuesday and moved it into a five frame foundationless nuc that afternoon and moved it about seventy feet away up on the roof with two others. Now either another swarm has moved in(doubtful), or there is some serious drifting back into the trap. There seems to be more bees there as time goes by. I wont be able to address this until Monday as this is where i work. What are my best options? (1) I could move the nuc back into the original location and empty out the trap. (2) I could make another nuc and place a frame of whatever i might have in one of the nucs-maybe there is one with open brood. (3) I could try and get ahold of a queen and introduce her to the residents of the trap-sort of a split, and put them into a new nuc. (4) I would like to somehow combine them back with their original swarm, but i sure dont know how to go about that.
    I was supposed to move them out of there today, but it seems to me that there would be alot of bees left wandering around loose if i just pulled out the nucs, so i will wait til Monday.
    If i can get them up onto the roof, that should work out O.K. Then i could plan on moving them at night out to the bee yard, like i should.
    Any advice will be appreciated, i'm really not knowin what to do here.
    Thanks,
    jim
    My Mom's other kids are smarter than me, but i'm not nearly as nice.

I'd take the swarm trap to the nuc and shake it in.

I'd go after dark and take them both home and shake them together at the bee yard.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Thank you both, simple enough and logical. Wish i'd thot of that.
    jim
    My Mom's other kids are smarter than me, but i'm not nearly as nice.

Are you sure you don't have another swarm? Your probably right about the drift, but it doen't seem like they were in that location long enough to simply abondon the rest of the swarm in favor of the orginal location. I would check them over good before combining them and make sure that you don't have another swarm in the trap location. Just a thought.

peggjam
    "I reject your reality, and substitute my own." Adam Savage