I ordered 4 queens and they were shipped via Express Mail Gauranteed 1 to 2 day delivery on Thursday.

They were shipped from Southern Minn to travel to me in central North Dakota. I expected delivery on Friday.

Split off the Nuc's and no queens on Friday, and none this morning either!!!! Waiting for a tracking number from the seller but no luck as of yet.

Question.... If they were to "show" up tomorrow morning or worse yet, Monday morning.... What are the odds they will survive?? Should I have new queens shipped Monday?

Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce, they should make it till Monday. Relax. Do they have attendants to feed them? Anytime your delivery is this close to weekend you would ask for them. Otherwise, refuse them. Or better yet, plan on a late delivery and don't let the weekend sucker punch you like this.

Good Luck,

Hawk
    KC0YXI

Thanks Hawk.......

I ordered them on Wednesday. They shipped out on Thursday. The USPS gaurantees 2 days delivery. What their gaurantee is????' And yes they have attendants.

They are going to call me tomorrow as Express comes in on Sundays.

Good Stuff. If they shipped them on Thursday, day before yesterday, they may have been shook the same day. If you get em tomorrow, heck, they could hold their breath that long.

It'll work,

Hawk
    KC0YXI

Update............

Sunday morning and I just got off the phone with the local post office and no queens!

Tracking shows them in Mpls at 12:30 AM Saturday morning. (folks its a 6 hour drive by car from Mpls to me and this is Express Mail - their fastest)

Not too worried and they should be here Monday AM but I can not suggest USPS.

For the high price of Express Mail I could have gone with UPS ground and had them already for less than 1/2 the cost.

Let me be clear the folks at the local post office were wonderful. Just their system seems to be inefficient.

I have never had bees shiped by "Express Mail" but have used it 2 times for other thinks and not once did it arive on time, may as well went with regular mail but we must remember they are :Goverment Workers:
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

hehe, i had some sent standard priority from 900 miles away, shipped in the afternoon and not the next day, but the day after, they were there the morning
    \"You\'ve got to stop beating up your women because you can\'t find a job, because you didn\'t want to get an education and now you\'re (earning) minimum wage.\"<br /><br />-Bill Cosby

Request your shipping charges be reimbursed. I think the usps Gaurantee is free delivery if not on time.

Queens are mailed on Mondays, for reasons that
    should be clear, given the experience related.

Any queen producer mailing queens on any day
    other than a Monday is one that needs to stop
    and think slowly about their approach.

With the weather so hot, one has to assume that
    the queens were stressed as a result. I'd expect
    the sender to learn from his/her mistakes, and
    ship another set out free of any charge, on Monday.

Only Monday.

That makes sense Jim. If I were more assertive I would push the point.

Are there signs of stress I can see?

Valuable lession. In the future I will insist on Monday ship.

USUALLY priority makes it in two days. USUALLY express makes it overnight. SOMETIMES... well, it is the Government. I would never remove the old queens until I had the new queens in hand. I wouldn't bet much on what the post office will do. Once YOU have them you can keep them fairly stress free for several days in a cool (as in 70 degrees or so) dark (like a closet) quiet place.

Mail does keep moving on the weekends (it just doesn't get delivered). If you mailed queens priority on Saturday they will probably be there on the following Monday and IF they were late there is still a delivery every day until Saturday, so MAYBE you should always have your queens mailed priority on a Saturday. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Just ordered 11 more from California.. I figure if I add a 1000 miles it will get here quicker. They are shipping today.

P.S. My other queens showed up this morning and are in the Nuc's as I type. I gave them a few drops of water and added a bit more candy to the plug.