I have a colony that I coaxed out of the wall of my house over the past several weeks. I purchased a frame of brood and installed it on Memorial Day weekend. The beekeeper I bought this from also gave me a queen cell with a live queen inside. The bees also made three additional queen cells from the brood in the frame. I am feeding the bees sugar water and they are drawing comb but I cannot find the queen or see evidence of her laying. All the brood have hatched and the vacant cells have been filled with honey or pollen. Can anyone give me some clues on finding the queen?
    Does the absence of eggs or larva after two weeks indicate that the hive is without a queen?

>I have a colony that I coaxed out of the wall of my house over the past several weeks. I purchased a frame of brood and installed it on Memorial Day weekend. The beekeeper I bought this from also gave me a queen cell with a live queen inside. The bees also made three additional queen cells from the brood in the frame. I am feeding the bees sugar water and they are drawing comb but I cannot find the queen or see evidence of her laying.

The fact that even with a queen cell they drew three more would indicate they are queenless.

>All the brood have hatched and the vacant cells have been filled with honey or pollen. Can anyone give me some clues on finding the queen?
    http://www.beesource.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000455.html

Here's a discussion of finding a queen.

>Does the absence of eggs or larva after two weeks indicate that the hive is without a queen?

No, but this time of year it means it's without a laying queen. The queen cells are why I think you are without a queen. Absence of eggs or larvae in an ongoing hive (not a recent cutout) would indicate they are EITHER queenless or they have superceded or lost the old queen and the new one isn't laying yet.

I don't understand what you are worried about. There is either a queen or there isn't and they are about to get a queen from those queen cells anyway. FYI it will take two weeks from when the queens emerge before you should expect to see any eggs.