Default Queenless in March, what to do?

I live in central California. It has been a very wet winter, however temperatures will be in the 70s this week. Did a quick hive check last week and this weekend- could not find any signs of the queen. Yesterday noticed lots of dry eggs on bottom board, and laying workers. No brood.

Unfortunately I am new to beekeeping and only have the one hive. Plan on keeping at least 2 from now on...

Is there any place I can order a queen this time of year?

Thank you!

Default Re: Queenless in March, what to do?

big island queens

if there are laying workers you may have trouble getting them a new queen. with no brood to add it may be best to shake them out and start over.
    journaling the growth of a treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

What would I do? Call your local bee club and beg for or buy a frame or two of milk-brood and eggs from another beekeeper. Let them make their own queen. Other than that your options are limited in that shipping queens now might be futile. For instance if I mailed you one it'd get there dead/frozen.
    Last resort shake em out and start over with a package or nuc. (prefer a nuc)
    Internet credibility is an oxymoron

Maybe order a package for April and combine what is left of your existing hive with the package. Expand out to 2 hives in the future.