What happened to this discussion? Did the poster remove it? http://www.beesource.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002617.html

------------------
    "To bee or not to bee, that is the question"

[This message has been edited by newbee 101 (edited September 22, 2004).]

My guess would be that it turned nasty and the moderators stepped in.

Question

I don't know either! I was writing a post to a specific question to me and tried to put it on the board, next thing I knew everything got locked up. I thought it was me. Tried several times. Finally gave up and decided that my computer went on the fritz! Glad it was not me. Been having to many problems with spyware, viruses, worms etc. even though I have all the different protections on my computer somehow 'they' still get to me. Thanks for bringing up this problem. Makes me feel better.
    Dan

I've had some dissapear when I was in the middle of answering them too. There was nothing offensive about them. Then later the person reposted them and I answered. I think it was just a glitch in the system.

newbee 101
    Did the post you are talkin about have something to do with a guy leveing his garage open with wet supers in it?If so if did get a bit nasty from what i saw.Yes the were some strange things going on with this site lastnight i could not even get on the site.I thought it was my server but it must not have been.
    Bob

Yes the garage one.
    Dan

The one with my web site seems to be missing as well. I didn't see anything offensive by anyone there.

I thought that was the one Dan.Things were getting ugly on that post.

MB there are is some miss on the post Dave put up about requeening too.Any way the part missing was Dave and i thanking you for the help.
    Bob

Arrow

There has been no editing of posts by me. I can't speak for the moderators of this forum. The server was down for a bit yesterday. The host is planning major server upgrades soon so there still my be a few glitchy times here and there.

- Barry

hooisyurbee Guest

Actually if you look at the posts there are some missing which made me assume that a crash happened and lost data or someone monitoring the BB shut things down and deleted some offensive posts or BB virus attacks.

There have been a great number of DOS (denial of service) episodes this past week. This BB's server may have been hit. It's different from a worm or virus as it does not make it's way to the end user. Just raises havoc with the ISPs.

RE: message I received from mine:
    "A DoS is an assault on a server or network that floods it with so many additional requests that regular traffic is either slowed or completely interrupted. Unlike a virus or worm, which can cause severe damage to databases, a denial of service attack only interrupts network service for a period of time. Unfortunately, such attacks are becoming very common in the world of the internet. Often large companies or popular sites are attacked. The most common and obvious type of DoS attack occurs when an attacker "floods" a network with information. When you type a URL for a particular web site into your browser, for example, you are sending a request to that site's computer server to view the page. The server can only process a certain number of requests at once, so if an attacker overloads the server with requests, it can't process your request. This is a "denial of service" because you can't access that site. Attackers typically send thousands of requests per minute. This is often combined with large scale spamming at the same time."